Dental crowns can improve the cosmetic appearance and functionality of teeth. This may be recommended as a treatment option if your teeth have been damaged as a result of injury, decay or disease.
The procedure involves generating a protective layer that is placed over the top of the affected teeth. This layer, also known as a dental cap can restore and improve function and size of your teeth.
Dental crowns are made from a range of materials including metal and porcelain. They are designed to look as natural as possible and appear like normal tooth enamel.
Common reasons for dental crowns include:
- Replacement for a tooth filling.
- Repair for chipped, cracked, weak or broken teeth
- Tooth protection from persistent tooth grinding (bruxism).
- Tooth protection following a recent root canal treatment.
- Cosmetic repair to cover stained, discoloured or misshapen teeth.
Dental crowns are a highly versatile and popular solution to many dental problems. The friendly team at Goulburn Dental Care are experienced at performing dental crown treatments, find out more and book an appointment today by calling (02) 4821 2531 .